The AFMASS FoodTech Conferences are a series of regional or country-focused technical workshops focused on imparting the latest processing, packaging, engineering, ingredients applications and food safety skills to the food, beverage and milling industry in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Conferences are held in regions or countries are in need of capacity building, industry linkages and a platform to bring together the various stakeholders in the food and agro industry, so as to improve food safety, production efficiencies, nutrition and packaging of local produce and manufactured food products.
They target top management and technical managers; Government regulators and NGOs/development agency stakeholders from the food and agriculture value chain, with the aim of improving the capacity of manufacturers, retailers, foodservice operators and academic and research institutions in sub-Saharan Africa; showcasing the latest technologies and at enabling the industry stakeholders to meet and network as they seek out the latest market trends.
The Structure of AFMASS FoodTech Conferences
The AFMASS FoodTech Conferences are structured with the industry key decision makers in mind, with a focus on technical and commercial workshops, where speakers including consultants and suppliers present the latest innovations, technologies and market trends that are vital at boosting the food and agriculture value chain in Africa.
Held over two days, the sessions enable the attendees to learn the various ways they can improve processing and packaging of agricultural and manufactured produce; and how they can incorporate the latest food safety, quality management and sustainability principles in their operations.
The AFMASS FoodTech Conferences are planned for the following locations in 2019:
- AFMASS FoodTech Conference – Tanzania edition – February 27-28, 2019 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- AFMASS FoodTech Conference – Rwanda edition – July 11-12, 2019 in Kigali, Rwanda
Who Attends AFMASS FoodTech Conferences?
The AFMASS FoodTech Conferences are attended by the following key stakeholders:
- Owners, Directors, Chairman, CEOs and General Managers;
- Technical managers with operations, production, quality, R&D, engineering, packaging, food safety and sustainability roles in the agriculture, manufacturing, retail and hospitality and foodservice sectors;
- Suppliers of equipment, packaging, ingredients and chemicals, food safety and laboratory;
- Key decision makers from Government ministries and regulatory authorities;
- Academicians, researchers and university students;
- Managers from NGOs and development organizations.
Objectives of AFMASS FoodTech Conferences
The AFMASS FoodTech Conferences are aimed at the following objectives:
- Build the capacity of small, medium and large scale enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa so as to improve their processing, labelling and packaging capabilities and efficiencies in a cost-effective and sustainable manner;
- Build technical and commercial skills of the key decision makers in the manufacturing, retail and foodservice industry and academia in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Provide a forum for networking for peers from the industry, Government agencies and other stakeholders from sub-Saharan Africa region and other participants from Africa and the World;
- Improve food safety and quality in the agriculture and food industry value chains in sub-Saharan Africa, thereby enabling companies to meet local, regional and international food safety and quality standards;
- Provide a platform to share the latest regulatory, standards and trade trends in sub-Saharan Africa, thereby enabling regional and international trade;
- Link up the food, beverage and milling industry manufacturers, retailers and hospitality players with appropriate solution providers from Africa and the rest of the World, thereby enabling them to identify suppliers they can work with to deliver on their projects and company goals;
- Enable the food, beverage and milling industry in sub-Saharan Africa to learn ways to reduce post-harvest losses and improve value addition of agricultural produce;
- Mainstream innovations in new product development, nutrition and health and sustainability that can be adopted using locally available resources while meeting the latest market trends.
Interested in attending, speaking at or exhibiting/sponsoring these editions of AFMASS FoodTech Conferences?
Contact FoodWorld Media on Tel: +254 725 343932 or Email: info(at)foodworldmedia.net