Discover Rwanda – The Land of a Thousand Hills, drive and excellence
The AFMASS FoodTech Conference & Expo – Rwanda edition is the first technical conference targeted at Rwanda’s food, beverage and milling industry.
In 2019, the event is planned for July 11-12, 2019 in Kigali, Rwanda at a venue to be revealed soon.
The event is scheduled to take place in Rwanda in 2019, and then 2021, with the event held every two years.
The event covers the latest trends in processing, packaging, food safety and nutrition and health, with a focus on the industry in Rwanda and the Great Lakes Region.
AFMASS FoodTech Rwanda edition is structured to deliver on two fronts:
- A Conference Hall, where leading regional and international suppliers and consultants share latest processing, packaging and food safety technologies to the delegates from the food, beverage and milling manufacturing, retail and food service industry; Government regulators and policy makers and NGO/development organisation managers;
- An Expo Hall, where leading suppliers showcase their equipment, packaging, ingredients, food safety and lab, and engineering and automation solutions to the industry in Rwanda and the Great Lakes region.
The food, beverage and milling industry in Rwanda and the Great Lakes Region (covering Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Eastern DRC) is growing rapidly, with agriculture acting as the back bone for the growth of the dairy, milling, beverages, meat, poultry and fish; fruits and veg, bakery, animal feed and other associated food industries.
Rwanda and the Great Lakes region has also become the base from which several international and regional hospitality and foodservice industry brands have invested to take advantage of rising tourism numbers in the Eastern Africa region.
This event will enable the industry in the region to build its capacity so as to improve on its efficiency and food safety, reduce post harvest losses, and improve standards and quality to take advantage of rising demand in the regional and international market.
The AFMASS FoodTech Conference & Expo – Rwanda edition is aimed at the following objectives:
- Build the capacity of small, medium and large scale enterprises in Rwanda and the Great Lakes Region so as to improve their processing, labelling and packaging capabilities and efficiencies in a cost-effective and sustainable manner;
- Build technical and commercial skills of the key decision makers in the manufacturing, retail and foodservice industry and academia in Rwanda and the Great Lakes Region;
- Provide a forum for networking for peers from the industry, Government agencies and other stakeholders from Rwanda, the EAC region and other participants from Africa and the World;
- Improve food safety and quality in the agriculture and food industry value chains in Rwanda and the Great Lakes Region, thereby enabling companies to meet local, regional and international food safety and quality standards;
- Provide a platform to share the latest regulatory, standards and trade trends in Rwanda and the Great Lakes Region, the East African Community, SADC and COMESA trade blocks, thereby enabling regional trade;
- Link up the food, beverage and milling industry manufacturers, retailers and hospitality players with appropriate solution providers from Rwanda and the Great Lakes Region and the rest of the World, thereby enabling them to identify suppliers they can work with to deliver on their projects and company goals;
- Enable the food, beverage and milling industry in Rwanda and the Great Lakes Region to learn ways to reduce post-harvest losses and improve value addition of agricultural produce in the country;
- Mainstream innovations in new product development, nutrition and health and sustainability that can be locally adopted using locally available resources while meeting the latest market trends.
Who will Attend?
The conference will be attended by the following key stakeholders:
- Owners, Directors, Chairman, CEOs and General Managers;
- Technical managers with operations, production, quality, R&D, engineering, packaging, food safety and sustainability roles in the agriculture, manufacturing, retail and hospitality and foodservice sectors;
- Suppliers of equipment, packaging, ingredients and chemicals, food safety and laboratory;
- Key decision makers from Government ministries and regulatory authorities;
- Academicians, researchers and university students;
- Managers from NGOs and development organizations.
Geography – Rwanda
Rwanda is land-locked and one of the smallest countries in Africa.
What Rwanda lacks in size and might, the country makes up for by focusing on an environment of excellence and innovation in the country.
Rwanda is a leader in the African trade agenda, and is a member of the EAC and COMESA – two trade blocks that are seeking for improved trade in Africa.