AFMASS Frequently Asked Questions – Sponsors & Exhibitors
The AFMASS Conferences & Expos provide companies with an interest in Africa’s growing industry to meet and trade with the key decision makers from the food, beverage, milling and hospitality & food service industry across Africa.
Held in a number of African countries, with plans to expand further in the coming years, AFMASS has become the most critical trade event for the food, beverage and milling industry since it commenced in 2015.
We have received the following questions from past sponsors and exhibitors:
Generally, there are two ways to access the events:
- Current investors, managers and professionals in industry get access to the entire event (conferences and expos) for FREE. Prior registration on the website preferred (to avoid queues and ensure you have your seat before the events fill up), or registration at the event venue. This group includes Government officials from specific partner ministries, researchers and academicians from the region. Note that only a limited number of delegates can be accommodated at the conferences, but access to the Expo Hall for visitors is open without any restrictions (except for non-exhibiting suppliers to the industry).
- Other stakeholders including suppliers and consultants to the industry have to pay full delegate fees to access the Expo Hall, conference sessions and other event functions if they are not sponsoring or exhibiting at a particular event.
You are most likely to meet and network with industry key decision makers from the food, beverage, milling and hospitality & foodservice industry from Africa and beyond; Government officials from key regulatory agencies; suppliers of equipment, packaging, ingredients, food safety, lab & post-harvest solutions and services to the industry; managers from NGO and development institutions; academicians, researchers and university students.
AFMASS Conferences & Expos are Africa’s fastest growing food, beverage and milling industry events, with a growing influence and impact on the growing industry in Africa.
We believe that AFMASS events offer these unique aspects that attract the key decision makers from Africa:
- AFMASS events offer the most diversified solutions to the key decision makers in Africa. From milling equipment, packaging, automation, ingredients, laboratory solutions, to financial services, attendees meet and network with the broadest solutions covering the entire scope of food manufacturing, retail and foodservice. Further, with solutions across the entire food and agriculture value chain, from dairy, beverages, grains and pulses, horticulture, meat and many more, AFMASS events enable investors to access all they need at one event and location, better then any other event in Africa.
- The high quality and informative conference sessions are a major attraction to both technical and commercial managers from the Continent, who are seeking ways to improve efficiency and reduce costs and risks.
- AFMASS events offer unique networking opportunities including cocktails and dinners that attract some of Africa’s key decision makers to the events to meet with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- AFMASS events cover several countries in Africa, with editions in Eastern and Southern Africa, with plans to enter Western Africa in 2021. There is no better way to discover Africa than to participate at the fastest growing series of food industry trade events in the Continent.
AFMASS events offer unique opportunities to suppliers and food companies to stand out in an increasingly crowded market place across Africa.
By sponsoring an AFMASS event, you receive a number of benefits, including free premium and bigger booths; prominent logo placement on the dais, Expo Hall, Brochures, websites and social media exposure; opportunity to chair sessions, present relevant papers at the conference and free advertising on the www.foodbusinessafrica.com website, among many more.
Some of the world’s leading companies (including BASF, DSM, Atlas Copco, Buhler, Coca-Cola, Nestle, Brookside Dairies, Endress + Hauser, Tetra Pak, bioMerieux, Vision Scientific Africa, DNV GL, Pingle, Fairy Bottling, KWAL and Kericho Gold) have sponsored past editions of AFMASS, indicating the quality and variety of partners that continue to work closely with the event to further their goals in Africa.
A regular 3mx3m (11feet x 11 feet) booth comes with one table, two seats, a power source with specifications of the host country, two lights and a dustbin.
You can upgrade your booth to reflect your company’s branding and style at an extra cost. Please contact the organisers to the event to advice you on the costs and options available.
Sponsors and exhibitors have FREE access to the conference sessions, Expo Hall, food (teas, lunch), access to the Cocktails and Official Dinner and Field visits (where applicable), with the number of slots given to each company depending on the sponsorship option taken and size of booth booked.
As a sponsor/exhibitor, yes, you can invite industry leaders and managers yourself or in coordination with the organisers to the conferences and expos. To enable a smooth process, this should be done early to ensure your guests don’t miss the events.
You can keep logging onto this website or you can sign up to our industry e-newsletter – and we shall keep you informed regularly on the event and more . . .
Sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and delegates to the events are required to meet visa requirements of the particular country hosting the AFMASS event. The organisers can however assist where possible, including issuing an invitation letter to enable your travel into the host country.
The organisers of the event may have a number of preferred hotels in the country hosting the events, where discounted rates may be available.
Information about partner hotels are posted on this website on the particular event’s page. Check regularly for any new updates.
Further, you can contact the organisers for details about partner hotels close to the venues, and which fit your budget.
The venues where the events are held are usually easy to access for delegates and visitors. Parking is mostly free to sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, visitors and delegates at the events.