AFMASS Frequently Asked Questions – Sponsors & Exhibitors
The AFMASS Conferences & Expos provide companies with an interest in Africa’s growing industry to meet and trade with the key decision makers from the food & beverage; agro, milling and feed and hospitality & food service industry.
We have received the following questions from past exhibitors:
1) How do delegates and visitors access the events? Are the events free to attend for industry players?
Generally, there are two ways to access the events:
- Current investors, managers and professionals in industry get access to the entire event (conferences and expos) for FREE. Prior registration on the website preferred (to avoid queues and ensure you have your seat before the events fill up), or registration at the event venue. This group includes Government officials from specific partner ministries, researchers and academicians from the region. Note that only a limited number of delegates can be accommodated at the conferences, but access to the Expo Hall for visitors is open without any restrictions (except for non-exhibiting suppliers to the industry).
- Other stakeholders including suppliers and consultants to the industry have to pay full delegate fees to access the Expo Hall, conference sessions and other event functions if they are not sponsoring or exhibiting at a particular event.
2) As a sponsor or exhibitor, what am I entitled to?
Sponsors and exhibitors have access to the conferences, expo, food (teas, lunch) and access to the Cocktails and Official Dinner, with the number of slots given to each company depending on the sponsorship option taken and size of booth booked for exhibitors.
3) Are meals available to sponsors/exhibitors?
As a sponsor/exhibitor, yes, you receive free drinks and lunch at AFMASS events. You also have free access to other networking activities including evening cocktails, Official Dinner and Field visits. Please note that the number of free tickets per sponsor/exhibitor depend on the sponsorship or the booth size taken and that the schedule of activities (especially cocktails, Dinner and Filed visits) may differ from event to event.
4) Can I invite my customers or prospective customers to the events functions?
As a sponsor/exhibitor, yes, you can invite industry leaders and managers yourself or in coordination with the organisers to the conferences and expos. To enable a smooth process, this should be done early to ensure your guests don’t miss the events.
5) Who do I expect to meet at AFMASS Conferences & Expos?
You are most likely to meet and network with industry key decision makers from the food, beverage, milling and hospitality & foodservice industry from Africa and beyond; Government officials from key regulatory agencies; other suppliers of equipment, packaging, ingredients, food safety, lab & post-harvest solutions and services to the industry; managers from NGO and development institutions; academicians, researchers and students.
6) How do I keep tabs with progress of the events as they develop?
You can keep logging onto this website or you can sign up to our industry e-newsletter – and we shall keep you informed regularly on the event and more . . .
7) How do I get a visa for travel to the events?
Sponsors and exhibitors to the events are required to meet visa requirements of the particular country. The organisers can however assist where possible, including issuing an invitation letter to enable your travel into the host country.
8) How do I reserve a hotel?
The organisers of the event may have a number of preferred hotels in the country hosting the events, where discounted rates may be available. Contact the organisers for details about partner hotels close to the venues.
9) How do get to the venue and is there free parking?
The venues where the events are held are usually easy to access for delegates and visitors. Parking is mostly free to sponsors/exhibitors at the chosen venues.