Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to registrations for all events organized by FoodWorld Media Ltd, hereby referred to us FoodWorld Media or the company. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
By submitting your registration you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms we shall be unable to accept your registration.
1. CONFIRMATION - Your registration constitutes an offer to FoodWorld Media to participate as a delegate or visitor at an Event organized by or in partnership with the company. All registrations are subject to acceptance by FoodWorld Media, which will be confirmed in writing (including but not limited to email). A contract between FoodWorld Media and you will only be formed when this confirmation is sent to you (whether or not it is received) provided that if confirmation is not sent within 14 days of us receiving your registration, it will be deemed confirmed unless we notify you otherwise. FoodWorld Media reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration.
2. DEADLINES - Payment for the Event must be received in full by FoodWorld Media in accordance with FoodWorld Media's payment terms from time to time in force but in any event not later than 48 hours before the Event. If payment in full is not received before the Event, FoodWorld Media reserves the right at its sole discretion and without liability either to require payment as a condition of entry to the Event or to refuse entry to the Event. No refunds of any proportion of fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of the fees will remain due and payable where entry to an Event is refused under this condition 2.
3. DISCOUNTS - Discounts for group registrations are only valid for the number of delegates specified, or during the time specified for early bird deals. If the number of delegates attending the Event is less than the number specified in the group booking (either as a result of cancellations prior to the Event or as a result of delegates failing to attend the Event), FoodWorld Media reserves the right to revise the fees in line with the number of delegates actually attending the Event in accordance with FoodWorld Media's published prices then in force and require payment of such fees in accordance with the terms of condition 2.
4. VALIDITY OF PRICES - Prices for participation at each Event are correct at the time of publication. FoodWorld Media reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by FoodWorld Media.
5. CANCELLATION POLICY - Registrations cancelled after confirmation by FoodWorld Media but more than 14 days before the Event are subject to a 20% administration charge. Registration fees for registrations cancelled 14 days or less before the Event must be paid in full. If you fail to attend an Event, the full fees remain payable and no refunds will be given. FoodWorld Media reserves the right to cancel any registration after confirmation in which case all fees paid will be refunded. You acknowledge that the refund of registration fees is your sole remedy in the event of cancellation of your registration by FoodWorld Media and all other liability is expressly excluded.
6. CHANGES TO DELEGATES - Substitutions are welcome at any time but in all other respects delegate registrations are issued for your personal use only. You may not purchase registrations as an agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others, or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
7. CHANGES TO EVENT - FoodWorld Media reserves the right at any time to change the format, participants, content, location and timing or any other aspect of the Event, in each case without liability.
8. REMEDY TO CANCELLATION - FoodWorld Media reserves the right to postpone or cancel an Event at any time for any reason whether or not due to causes beyond its reasonable control. Where an Event is postponed, your registration will be valid for the postponed Event if you wish to attend. Where FoodWorld Media postpones or cancels an Event (and you no longer wish to attend the Event where it has been postponed), you will entitled to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of the full registration fees at your discretion. You acknowledge that the credit note or refund of registration fees (or the continued validity of your registration if you choose to attend a postponed Event) is your sole remedy in the event of postponement or cancellation by FoodWorld Media and all other liability is expressly excluded.
9. ADMISSION POLICY - FoodWorld Media reserves the right without liability to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Event, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of FoodWorld Media represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by FoodWorld Media or the venue owners at the Event.
10. TRAVEL & VISA - Delegates requiring visas should contact their local embassies or hotel they wish to stay at directly, as soon as possible. It is the delegate’s responsibility to procure a Visa into countries where the Events are held. We shall not be held responsible in case any delegate fails to procure a Visa.
11. RECORDINGS - All unauthorized photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Event as a delegate or visitor and you consent to the use by FoodWorld Media of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
12. INFORMATION USAGE - The personal information provided to us will be held by us on a database and may be used to contact you with relevant information by FoodWorld Media from time to time.
13. WARRANTY - FoodWorld Media excludes all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Event. All indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) are excluded. FoodWorld Media accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from the Event whether direct, indirect or consequential (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of business or any other type of economic loss) or otherwise. If FoodWorld Media is liable to you for any reason, FoodWorld Media's total liability to you in relation to the Event (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the registration fees paid by you to FoodWorld Media. The limitations and exclusions in this condition 13 only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
14. AMENDMENTS - FoodWorld Media reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time and you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION - These terms and conditions will be governed by the Laws of the Republic of Kenya, and disputes under or in connection with them shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Kenya.