#InnovationsIDEAS • #InvestmentsIDEAS • #ProcessingIDEAS • #PackagingIDEAS • #FoodSafetyIDEAS • #SustainabilityIDEAS
SAVE THE DATES FOR 2018 EDITIONS
AFMASS KENYA EDITION – Nairobi, Kenya – April 25-27, 2018
AFMASS ZAMBIA EDITION – Lusaka, Zambia – October 3-5, 2018
The Africa Food Manufacturing & Safety Summit (AFMASS) Conferences & Exhibitions are a series of sub-Saharan Africa region’s trade events targeted at the key stakeholders in the manufacturing, retailing and foodservice sectors, with a focus on the food & beverage; agro, milling & feed; and hospitality & foodservice industry.
Powered by the African-focused industry publication Food Business Africa magazine (www.foodbusinessafrica.com), AFMASS Conferences & Expos are well-known for their unique conferences and exhibitions that are attended by key decision makers from the industry, Government, academia and other stakeholders from Africa and the World.
The highlights of AFMASS Conferences & Exhibitions include the following:
- High level technical and business conference sessions addressed by leading consultants and industry opinion leaders;
- Leading local, regional and international suppliers showcase their latest innovations and technologies, with a focus on meeting Africa’s unique opportunities, challenges and market trends;
- The region’s only industry awards program, the Food Business Africa Industry Excellence Awards (www.awards.foodbusinessafrica.com)
WHO PARTICIPATES AFMASS EVENTS?
The profile of delegates and visitors who attend AFMASS Conferences & Expos include:
- CEOs, Directors, Investors, GM, Founders etc;
- Technical and Operational Managers & Supervisors (production, QA, R&D, engineering, food safety, packaging etc);
- Academicians, researchers and students in food and life sciences, engineering, processing technology, nutrition, agribusiness and animal health and nutrition, among others;
- General management (supply chain, procurement, investment, marketing, sales, HR).
DISCOVER • NETWORK • BE INSPIRED
Discovery, networking and inspiration are the underlying messages at every AFMASS event.
Three busy days of high impact educational sessions, panel discussions, networking activities, award ceremonies and exhibitions with thousands of industry solutions, AFMASS has become the most recognised trade event in the region.
The atmosphere at AFMASS events offer quality networking opportunities to industry stakeholders better than any other event in the region.
Delegates have numerous opportunities, including at breakfast, breaks, lunches, dinners, conferences and exhibition walk-abouts to interact with other delegates, visitors, sponsors and exhibitors, deepening their relationships that are vital for personal and company growth.
Key decision makers from the food and agro industry in Africa attend AFMASS events to:
- DISCOVER new innovations, market trends, regulations and investment opportunities in Africa’s food, beverage and milling industry;
- NETWORK with industry peers; industry leaders, experts and opinion leaders; Government regulators, policy makers and other stakeholders from Africa and beyond;
- GET INSPIRED by listening to inspirational speeches/discussions by industry leaders, start-ups and innovators; and by attending the region’s only industry awards ceremony, the Food Business Africa Industry Excellence Awards (www.awards.foodbusinessafrica.com), which is part of the AFMASS events.
MEET LOCAL & INTERNATIONAL SUPPLIERS
For suppliers to the industry, AFMASS events are the perfect platform to introduce new technologies and practices that are appropriate and are in demand by the growing sub-Saharan Africa food and related industries.
The events provide excellent opportunities for suppliers to the manufacturing, retail and foodservice sector in Africa to showcase the most innovative ways to:
- improve productivity and yield;
- reduce costs of formulations and operations;
- streamline processing and packaging;
- meet new and emerging regulatory issues;
- manage people, systems and processes;
- improve and mainstream sustainability;
- manage wastes and improve environmental impact;
- improve quality and food safety; and
- fine-tune supply chains.
Africa’s industry is at a critical stage, with an urgent need for the infusion of EXCELLENCE across the entire value chain, from farm-to folk.
AFMASS events provide the platform for all the stakeholders to come together in Africa every year to discuss ways to deliver on these goals.
In 2018, AFMASS Conference & Expo is set to be held at the following locations:
- AFMASS Conference & Expo – Kenya edition is planned for April 25-27, 2018 at the Nairobi Convention & Conference Centre near the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya.
- AFMASS Conference & Expo – Zambia edition is planned for October 3-5, 2018 in Lusaka, Zambia at a venue to be announced later. You can find more info HERE.
The 2018 editions of AFMASS Conferences & Exhibitions will focus on the following key thematic areas:
- Boosting innovations in the industry through the right use of ingredients, systems, processes and packaging, while seeking to answer the question, ‘What are the key innovations that Africa’s industry must adopt into the near future?’;
- The status of the agro, food and feed industry in sub-Saharan Africa, including latest regulations, investments and trends that will guide the industry going forward;
- Improving industry and Government collaboration to drive industry performance, standards, safety and increase local and export trade within Africa and beyond;
- Building an economically viable, safe agricultural value chain in Africa with a focus on post-harvest management and value addition to Africa’s locally available produce through partnership with industry;
- New technologies and media platforms and their impact on sub-Saharan Africa’s food industry value chain;
- Incorporating sustainability and gender inclusion in the food industry value chain in Africa;
- Food safety and systems management and their role in Africa’s quest to grow regional and international trade;
- Improving operational excellence in the industry to improve productivity, reduce costs and waste and improve efficiency.